background

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Happy Holidays!


We are so blessed this holiday season. Last weekend we closed on our house, and graduated two children from college, all within a 24 hour period. The gratitude I feel for my Father has no bounds. For the first time in five years I do not have two in college and two mortgages! Our time with family and friends was wonderful. Yesterday, my friend, Dana, and I spent the day shopping together. We had such a good time. We were celebrating my fun week, and hers, because her husband finished his PhD!!When I returned home I found out my husband had invited my in-laws for supper, so I hurriedly got food on the table and we shared a nice family visit.This was easily done because my neighbor Jackie had just dropped by a loaf of her sourdough bread and a bag of Chex Mix:) Right as we were finishing our meal the doorbell rang and we had carolers (several dear sweet friends and their children).I passed around some Swedish gingersnaps in a wonderful red tin, that I had just purchased for a moment like this! This morning the boys and I have spent making fudge, peppermint bark and decorating sugar cookies for our friends at church. The holidays are so much more fun when you live in a community surrounded by so many fellow believers. Again, we are so blessed. Tomorrow we head to Searcy to be with my family. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment