background

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

My Boys


Our time here in Citerna, Italy is passing by so quickly. There were days this summer that seemed to last forever, but those days are over.Sharing a hotel in a medieval town with 36 college students is never dull. I have really enjoyed watching my younger boys make friendships with the students, learn new games, and laugh at their jokes. Jordan is even selling his Spider-Man pictures for a euro each to brighten up their rooms! Having all four of our sons here has been such a joy. To see Brandon and Jon working alongside their Dad...to hear them discussing topics brought up in a Church History Class...watching Jon head off to soccer practice with the local team...and one of my favorites, watching the four of them pile into the big van with a bunch of students in the afternoons for a game of pickup soccer in Monterchi.The little guys can hold their own now.But Sunday was the best. Brandon was in charge of organizing the worship service here in Citerna. He spoke on the importance of seeking truth in God's word, and not leaning on our own understanding. Jon spoke before the Lord's Supper.And then both Jordan and Christian stood and read from the scriptures. It took everything in me not to cry.It was an incredible moment.Jordan has struggled with reading and has come so far.They both have been so shy in front of crowds. To see them, under their brothers encouragement, reading in front of a group of 50, was very special.I miss my girls so much. I miss sharing the little special times in our days, funny things my grandbabies are doing, sewing plans for all our Ethan Allen fabric:), and new recipes.I can't wait to get home and have both of my girls living so close. But I know without a doubt that God has blessed me and Terry, by giving us this special time in life to share with our boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment