background

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Texas Times

We had the most wonderful week in Texas. VBS ran from Sunday night til Wednesday night with Terry teaching the adult class. I love hearing him speak and he really put his heart into his lessons. He spoke on the birth, parables, miracles, and His death and resurrection. We had a chance to visit with several former students from Harding and Freed-Hardeman, and shared a meal with the Mahana family. Our time with Justin and Chelsea was too short. It is delightful to see them as parents. Jonah is such a sweet natured baby. You can tell he has been loved and appreciated. Did I mention he is stylish to boot? The boys enjoyed hanging out with Justin, swimming and going to the movies with their Dad. Chelsea and I enjoyed some shopping in 110 degree heat:). We found a great fabric store, a paper and chocolate shop, and visited an American Girl store. I brought "Emily" home with me. I told Terry it was for our granddaughters, but I really just wanted an excuse to get the little apron, canning and preserve set. My last day there I finished up four jumpers for April (just the buttons), made a new set of curtains for the playroom, and turned their coffeetable into a HUGE  hassock so that Jonah would not bang his head as he starts being more mobile.The fabric is fun and looks great with the artwork Chelsea had painted-and the new chalkboard walls. I love being with my girls because we always have some project we're working on. When I was talking to Katie to tell her how much we were missing her being there, she had just finished dying a slipcover navy blue and painting 10 chairs white. I sure love my girls and their "Can Do" attitudes. Their Grandma Klein would be so proud!


The family room before: the bookcases prior to being painted and the coffee table.
The grey patch is chalkboard paint. 

We added foam to the top of the coffee table to soften the edges and protect the wood.
The foam along the bottom protects the wood from the duct tape.

 Cutting the fabric to make the top of the skirt

The completed family/playroom. Chelsea painted her old bookshelves and hung alphabet flashcards from a tension rod. Jonah's corner is to the right next to the tv cabinet.

Tv wall with chalboard paint on both sides

Jonah's corner.

The couches and new ottoman and curtains. Justin's office is in the back of the room. 

The completed ottoman!


3 comments:

  1. It is the most PERFECT family room, thank you so much for helping me finish my projects! The ottoman is exactly what we wanted and even J loves it! I'd like you to come back so we can finish the guest bedroom now too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! Do you think you could work your magic on my house in October? Can't wait to see you then and hear you speak. We are in for a real treat!
    Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I love it! I'm going to take you up on your offer to teach me how to sew! ;)

    ReplyDelete