background

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Earth Fare



I was so excited to explore our newest grocery here in Montgomery. I love grocery stores. I think it takes me back to my Thursday after school trips to buy groceries with my Mom. One of the few times as a child that I had her all to myself. She also took me to Dipper Dan's, in the Town and Country Plaza, afterwards for a maple caramel ice cream...our secret. That may be where my weight issues come from, now that I think of it:) Earth Fare reminded me of a really fancy Pegna's in downtown Florence (Italy). A lot of the same products as my Italian grocery (German brands) and a lot of gluten free foods that Terry could enjoy. They were offering a free pantry makeover (the picture with the peanut butter, salad dressing, etc.). All of those foods were free. I also had a coupon for a free meal of chicken, potatoes and carrots. This was tonights dinner. Delicious! I cooked the chicken with a cut up lemon inside. My pantry is now ready for this weekends' guest...pears, pecorino and honey for a light lunch and cranberry chutney, English wooden hoop cheese and crackers for a bedtime snack. Maybe the good food will convince her to stay on past Sunday!

2 comments: