background

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Gulf Shores





We took off Sunday after church for a few days in Gulf Shores. We stayed at a place right on the beach.I enjoyed sitting for hours in my beach chair (thank you, Katie), with my glass of iced tea, my straw hat, and my newest download of the Pioneer Woman's book on meeting Marlboro Man. It was so relaxing now that the boys are large enough to have some freedom. They had a blast boogie boarding with Justin. We all enjoyed eating out in the evenings at seafood "shacks" and catching up with each others lives. I especially enjoyed my times holding Jonah walking along the shoreline gathering shells. A few weeks ago we realized that Jordan and Christian had NEVER been to the beach in America. I'm not sure how we let that happen:( Greek beaches are rocky and immodesty is a real problem, though I will say the Aegean Sea is beautiful. In comparison, our days at Gulf Shores were filled with a lot of beautiful white sand. Now that we are only three hours away, we are planning for many more rendezvous down to the gulf to enjoy God's amazing creations. Chelsea, Jonah, Justin, Jon, Kristin, Jeremy and Sarah--thank you. You were all great to spend time with. (I'll see you on Thursday.)

No comments:

Post a Comment