background

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

God is Faithful

This past weekend I travelled to Olathe, Kansas to speak to a group of ladies on the faithfulness of God. A former student from HUF 1986 had invited me to come and share my thoughts. Sheri is a woman I have grown to respect greatly over the years. She has always been such an encourager. Other than getting there and back ( trying to focus on the good in life, I will not digress to the current state of our travel industry) it was a perfect weekend. I stayed at a lovely hotel and enjoyed some catch up time with Sheri. The Ladies Day was wonderful. Such creativity! Each table was decorated beautifully for Fall with mums, and handmade Fall covered notebooks, pens, recipe cards, and a "Bountiful Harvest" bag of trail mix. And all of my friends know how I love Fall! I spoke twice, first on God's fatihfulness to us, and then again on our response to the faithfulness of God. As usual, I benefitted far more than anyone there through being forced to take the time and really study God's word. It is so powerful. As several women shared their life experiences with me, I was reminded once again. Any of these women could have spoken in my place. We all have a story of His faithfulness. Besides flying me up there, they blessed me with the most wonderful basket of goodies and a new Vera Bradley bag. It was a bit like Christmas:) I am very glad to be back home with my family, but I am so grateful for the opportunity God afforded me to go. It is an area of our country that I have not spent time in, and it is always encouraging to be reminded of the presence of faithful believers all over our country. Of course, I forgot to bring my camera:(

No comments:

Post a Comment