background

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

London 2012


As soon as our students were all safely on their free travels, Terry and I and the boys caught a plane to England for ten days. We flew into Gatwick on EasyJet on Wednesday afternoon and picked up our rental car to drive to our hotel closeby. Driving on the left side of the road about did me in:) Well, actually Terry driving:) We arrived at our hotel and decided to stay there until Saturday. It was a wonderful older hotel which had the feel of an old home in the countryside. We went for walks in the nearby small town to buy some groceries for snacking, and the boys enjoyed the spa pool several times.We caught the train into Paddington station on Friday and spent the day sightseeing and returning to some of our favorite areas. We rode the double decker tour bus, took a lunch cruise down the Thames River, saw the amazing Easter egg display in Covent Garden--and, of course, shopped:) Cath Kidston is one of my favorite shops, and I saved all my shopping for here! I bought a new sewing box, handkerchief, soap dish, bag, etc. It was so much fun. We headed back to our hotel for our last night, knowing that the following morning I would be marking a checkmark next to my longtime dream list...

No comments:

Post a Comment