background

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Bible Class




About 13 weeks ago I determined to make some needed changes in my life, only this time I did something different. I poured out my heart to God. I had grown apathetic. I was worn out emotionally, physically and spiritually. I sought God and He heard my cry. There are many posts that could come from this moment, but tonight I am mindful of one specific blessing. That is my Bible class for 3rd through 5th graders. The morning after my prayer I went to the bookstore and found a wonderful curriculum called FBI (Faithful Bible Investigators) produced by 21st Century Christian. I asked my soon- to- become very dear friend, Jolene, to teach with me, and we went to work. It has been amazing. I don't believe I have ever had as much fun teaching a class before. She is right there with me every step of the way, encouraging. Our students listen.We are learning. They are learning. Our class continues to grow. We get it right more times than not. God is so faithful to give us the desires of our heart when we ask Him. Last week we spent the afternoon making cookies and the children then shared them with the members. We just finished the first quarter and are now starting the next 13 week session. I'm really looking forward to it. For all of you fellow Bible class teachers out there, you know that is a feeling to cherish.

No comments:

Post a Comment