background

Friday, December 11, 2009

Bittersweet Family Moments


There are some things that you never receive advice about, and one of those things is advice on how to heal your child's broken heart when an older sibling moves away. J and C married and moved a little over an hour away almost four years ago. But today it was almost as if this was the first time. Big sister is heading out on a grand adventure to her new life in Texas. And her little brothers want to go with her. They really do. Over the past six months each of their four older siblings has moved. We have gone from everyone within an hours drive, to K and family in Birmingham, B and family also in Birmingham, J in Nashville, and now C in Texas. It's alot of changes for these two little guys. Tonight before bed, C asked me if I would tuck him in "snug as a bug in a rug" like his sister did. When I reassured him that I was the one who taught her how to do it, he replied, "You miss her, too." I do, terribly. She makes me laugh. She helps me create beautiful things. She is my daughter, and I will miss her.

2 comments:

  1. I miss you too. Tell Jordan and Christian I love them so much and will see them at Christmas. Check dad's schedule in February so we can plan a visit. Our home here is BEAUTIFUL! I absolutely love it. It will be complete when you guys visit! :-)

    ReplyDelete