background

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Potato Donuts

Take 2 c. mashed potatoes. Mix in butter the size of an egg with the potaotes. Add a pinch of salt, 3 c. white sugar, 3 beaten eggs, and 1 c. milk. Sift 7 c. of all-purpose flour. Put 5 c. flour with egs and milk mixture. Take remaining 2c. flour and add 4 tsp. baking powder. Add a bit of nutmeg. Mix all together. Roll out on floured board and cut out donuts. Fry Donuts and holes separately because the holes fry up much quicker. I made the glaze by just stirring together some confectioners sugar, vanilla and water. Dip donuts in glaze and put on cake racks to drip. That's the best method. Taste best while hot, as you well know. We need to make these when everyone is home next time!

2 comments:

  1. These sound delicious! Would try them but I am trying so hard to lose weight.
    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. For some reason when I see this recipe all I can think of is "olive oil donuts." I think I need new memories with this recipe :) Katie

    ReplyDelete