background

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Things That Make Me Happy



I intentionally look for things to be thankful for. I try to see the glass half full, though not often enough. This week has been full of small things, which when all put together, has made it a great week. I love the brisk weather and the wonderful fireplace in our new home.I've been busily preparing for my children's arrival for Thanksgiving by stocking up at the grocery store. I love a good bargain:) This week at Winn-Dixie I spent $203 and saved $122!! They have BOGO offers that are good savings for me because they are items that we already eat (tilapia, London Broil, ketchup,etc.). When I got home from the grocery my new issue of Mary Jane Farms had arrived in the mail...and my new issue of The Old Schoolhouse. How could a day get any better? While putting my groceries away I realizd that my pantry had become a mess, so I put on Christmas music (I know, I know..It's only November...)and got to work. It brings me immediate joy every morning to start my day off  NOT knocking grits and canned goods on the floor trying to find the oatmeal:) That joy was multiplied when I then decided to hang my winter clothes and get my summer things stored. Now my closet makes me happy:) Tuesday nights Bible class went real well. I've had several of the same children return and I love it that they are happy to be there and greet me with a hug. Jordan has been helping me. He leads our class in the opening prayer and the children actually sit and listen. I love how God uses each of us in unique ways. Spending this time with him each week has been a huge blessing as he has sharedwith me on our ride there and back. Today was my second weigh-in. Down 3.6. Yeah!! That's 8.8 for my first two weeks. That's more than normal for me, so thanks for all the prayers. They're helping. Time to go sew. Tomorrow after church we're heading to Pioneer Days, so today is my free day:) Hope everyone's week is a good one.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the weight loss! Our move has not been kind to my waistline, so I'm getting back to it this week too! Have a great fall week!

    ReplyDelete