background

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Christmas Goodies


This year Martha Stewart has outdone herself! While my daughters were in town I made an outing to Michael's. Would you believe it was my first time to go to a Michael's? What rock have I been living under??I picked up some adorable ceramic bread mini-loaf pans for a dollar and these cute-as-a -button Christmas treat bags. I made some Apple caramel bread to pass out to friends at church before Thanksgiving in the loaf pans. I always love getting little treats. It's nice to know we are thought of by others. We have been so blessed with kind and generous folks since moving to Alabama this summer. There are not enough loaf pans or treat bags in the world to thank all of those who have helped us, spoken words of encouragement, taught our children, and prayed for us to have a smooth transition. So tonight I finished making some chocolate brickle and some peppermint bark to thank Terry's work colleagues for all that they have done to help his first semester go so well. And what better way to deliver them than these Martha Stewart bags! Sorry, Chelsea, I know how you feel about her, but this IS the season of forgiveness:)!

2 comments:

  1. Booooo, Martha Stewart!!! But I do support you and your crafting and baking :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thoroughly enjoyed the caramel apple loaf. It went perfect with my coffee! Thank you for being so thoughtful!

    ReplyDelete