background

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Dandelion Cottage







On Monday of this week, my son-in-law Tim had to go to Boston on business. We invited Katie and the children to come and see us for a few days. We had such a good time. Katie cooked the meals while she was here ( because of a child's corn allergies) and I basically got to play with my grandchildren. Nothing earth-shattering exciting. Just quiet days at home. Walking down our road in the evenings, watering the gardens, reupholstering a chair, oohing and ahhing over coloring book pages, bedtime stories, and a lot of imaginary play. A big project was finishing the girls playhouse. I'm including before and after pictures. We still have some painting touchups to do, and need to finish up the rafters and loft area, but at least it is a more inviting place to play. Katie gave it the perfect touch. We named it "Dandelion Cottage" and she handpainted me a little sign to hang over the door. It is whimsical, delightful and perfect. Just like my children and grandchildren:)

No comments:

Post a Comment