background

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Knit Together by Debbie Macomber

I love those "grace notes" that God blesses us with, so often through the thoughtfulness of others. I was on the receiving end today, and what a blessing it was. Honestly, I had had a rough day. I had had to deal with a discipline issue with a child who needed to control his attitude, and was questioning my resolve with this whole parenting thing. I realize that Mother's Day weekend is not the best time to decide to quit mothering:) Maybe it's the fact that I have a daughter who will be 30 in a few days, but it sometimes feels like I have been doing this forever. I was tired and discouraged. I read God's word, prayed, and took a lovely walk down our road with my husband. And then this morning as I was watering my rose bushes, watering can in hand, the postwoman drove up my drive and said she had a package for me. I knew I had not ordered anything. It was a gift from my cousin's wife, Brenda. We had shared a nice visit together Easter weekend in Tallahassee with my Aunt Zula (her mother-in-law). During our visit I mentioned that I enjoyed Debbie Macomber's books. Brenda had gone to a booksigning event and met her. She sent me an autographed copy of her first non-fiction book, an adorable luggage tag, a bookmark and a newsletter. Now, if that doesn't put a smile on your face, what will? P.S. The boy with the attitude has come and made it right, folded my load of laundry and asked if I'd like him to make dinner. Nothing a new book and a truckload of mother-guilt can't accomplish!

No comments:

Post a Comment