background

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Graduation Weekend in Searcy

We headed to Henderson on Friday the 13th for a short visit with Jon and Kristin. We celebrated Jon's birthday with a dinner out together and then we stayed in our very beautiful "guest room" in our former home. The house and yard looked amazing. There is now a fountain to go along with the hammock under the trees. Very tranquil, something I never believed I would say about a home belonging to Jon:) I enjoyed a nice visit with my dear friend, Dana, who gifted me with a special book and other goodies. Our visit was too short, as always. The following morning we left for Searcy for my niece, Jessica's, graduation from Harding. We shared a lovely dinner, with most of my family having travelled to celebrate the special occasion. We stayed at Mona Lee's guest house ( a favorite cottage:). On Sunday we worshipped with the Westside congregation, and Sunday night with the College church, followed by grilled cheese at Kevin and Lori's. Having baby Jonah there was an added treat! There is never enough time to catch up with dear friends from the past. It had been many years since we had been to Westside, where Terry had served as an elder, and where our teenagers were nurtured and cared for during some really important years. It was also where our little boys were welcomed into our family. I wish we had had more time to spend there, but it was a wonderful reminder of how great Heaven will be. No more goodbyes.I was able to fit in a nice visit with Mona Lee, share some books together, and leave encouraged and edified. Monday we made the llooonnngggg trip home. A blessed weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment