background

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Fresh Market

One of the perks to moving to Montgomery is having a Fresh Market locally. Walking into the store is like going on vacation. The music, the scents of Fall in the air, the fine wines and cheeses. It just makes you feel like going out and hugging a tree:) I find myself wishing I was back at my macelleria (butcher shop) in Greve in Chianti. I loved preparing a meal with the perfect ripe peach, or a pork roast with rosemary from the butcher's planter by the back door. Tonight I found some pecorino cheese to go with our Bartlett pears, to be drizzled with honey from our local beekeeper. Yum! And just for the fun of it I came home with a little treat for Terry and the boys. The absolute cutest little Fall cookie cutters filled with chocolate. One squirrel and one acorn for Terry and I. Two packs of pumpkin pop rocks for the boys. A perfect Fall dinner--pecorino, pears and poprocks!

No comments:

Post a Comment