background

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Science Loving Boys

There must be something about genetics after all:) As my four older children can attest, I am LOUSY at Science. I just don't have the interest in it that I do in about anything else. I have tried over the years, but have always failed dismally at experiments. Unfortunately, my two youngest are little scientists in the making. Well, apparently there were a few other parents out there just like me, and Sonlight came up with a solution. Discover and Do DVD's. They are fantastic. They use a regular guy, in a regular kitchen (no granite tops...) and perform the experiments for you in short segments. Then, because they have cleverly sold kits containing ALL the supplies you will need, we copy the experiment ourselves. Volia! It works!! For roughly $200 you can also light up a lightbulb with a D battery and a piece of foil:) It was seriously worth every penny. The boys were SO excited. They have cotinued gathering various batteries of their own, various lightbulbs, gone in the darkened room and compared the brightness, etc. Christian keeps repeating, "This is seriously amazing and awesome!" I love these lightbulb moments. Pun intended.

No comments:

Post a Comment