background

Monday, September 13, 2010

A Great Read


I just finished this book last night. What a nice surprise to discover a new author who can tell a good story with interesting characters. "Mr. Pettigrew's Last Stand". My only disappointment is that there are no other books to try by the same author. Today while the boys were at their soccer practice I went to the library in Wetumpka and found some new books. I'm really enjoying "My Brother's Farm- Reflections on life, farming and the pleasures of food" by Doug Jones. He is one funny guy.

" And I was poor. Not the good, free,the world is my oyster" poor that I was used to from my stint as an aspiring actor in New York City. That was a sort of privileged poor--a young, interesting, happy poverty. That was, "Well, I can't make the rent yet for the month, but I just found thirty dollars in my jeans, so let's go catch the Yankee's game."
 Time to get the dishes done so I can read guilt free for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment